Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Military meets Monster (Resistance- Fall of Man

If you haven't guessed this is a review of the Playstation 3 game Resistance- The Fall of Man.
This has got to be one of the best games I've played since the Atari version of Pong. The graphics in the game have been stepped up they really made this game a very action packed thriller. The main story line in the game is like a human against human battle. The only differences are some of the weapons and the monsters. I played the game from beginning to end and i will guarantee that I will play it again. If you like action and mayhem then I suggest you go out and buy the game. IF you don't have a PS3 i suggest you go out and get one if only for this game. I do not recommend that you play TombRaider though it has got to be one of the worst games I've not played but have watched, and the levels are almost impossible, this of course, due to the fact that almost every level is a puzzle in that you will visit the same places several times. I thought this was originally made to be a childrens game, what child would be able to figure it out.

until next time HAPPY TRAILS

1 comment:

  1. The biggest complaint about R:FoM was that the levels were too linear. Even though you can move around it's more like driving down a multi-lane highway than it is choosing your own path to get from one side of the park to the other. But that is also a small issue when the gameplay is well performed. And something that was heralded was in the replay when the enemies appeared in different locations using alternate tactics.

    As far as the latest TR, you know damn well how much I hated that game. Cheap death after cheap death, frustrating puzzles that didn't even make that much sense after you solved them through several painful trial-and-error attempts. Only once have I ever actually thrown a controller (years ago when I was in high school and the guilt from that haunted me for years) but that game had me, um, forcibly set my controller down rather harder and louder than I was comfortable doing. Nowhere near hard enough to risk any damage to the controller or the table, but it still made a loud clack when I did. I dread the results if I didn't have as much willpower as I do otherwise I would still be picking tiny chunks of plastic out of my carpet.

    ReplyDelete