Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Relating to the "commoners"

Today I would like to talk about musicians. Everyone loves them and they are adored by all. They live in fancy houses and drive cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, yet they sing about being poor and having nothing. This is done merely to relate to "normal" society. I only wish that they could come and live my life for one week and see how normal society actually is. If they had the slightest idea what being poor actually was, only then would they understand what they were singing about. And the fact that most musicians and celebs turn to drugs because of their so called "problems". Their problems are nothing compared to the homeless man you pass every now and then on the street, or the mother that has no money to feed her children. We go day to day trying to live what the people in these songs say. I say they should sing about real shit happening in their lives. I'd rather hear about someone making lots of money than them being fake and trying to relate to us. Rappers are the real musicians, though I myself don't like rap, they sing about getting money and fancy cars and diamonds. Others sing about what they don't truly understand. LIFE. I personally think that they should share the common wealth, (even if not so common,) for every million that they make, some shmo-joe, should get a percentage. The truth is they bring these troubles upon themselves. They just need to sit back collect their money and quit griping about stuff they know nothing about. Let "normal" society worry about those things. Face it celebs you're better off than 70% of our country. Quit complaining and do what you love the most, music, but make it real.


Another Looney rant from the mind of Martin Frost,
Good day and HAPPY TRAILS

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I live a life that most people consider at least half fake (due to the male genetics I basically deny possessing). I'd be more than happy to make up stuff I know nothing about if it would result in adoring fans pouring money into my pockets (I think I do too much of that for free already, lol). I kinda admire people who are able to pull tricks like that off, even if I don't respect them for doing so.

    ReplyDelete